In the Helensburgh and Cardross area new sites are proposed by landowners and developers for housing, tourism, business and an open space protection area.
They are coded by colour: Green – a ‘preferred site’; Amber – ‘needs to be considered further’; Red – site not preferred for inclusion in LDP2. The sites are:
- Kilmahew/St Peter’s Seminary, arts and visitor centre, visitor and residential accommodation, Amber number 42
- ‘Kirkton Farm phase 2’, residential, Red, number 65
- Cardross Golf Club, residential, Amber, number 69
- Land north of Macleod Drive, Helensburgh, residential, Red, number 72
- North of Gareloch Road, Helensburgh, residential, red, number 74
- Both sides of A818 at Helensburgh reservoirs, hotel/tourist accommodation, leisure, retail, business and industry, Amber, numbers 77 and 771
- North of Lomond Grove, Helensburgh, residential, amber, number 79
- Iona Stables, Lower Colgrain Farm, residential, Amber, numbers 33 and 84
Rhu Foreshore, open space protection area, Amber, number 97
For more information about the Local Development Plan, see this related story.