Poison plant spotted on Kilcreggan beach

beach plant

A poisonous plant which can be deadly for pets has been spotted on a beach in Kilcreggan.

Hemlock Water Dropwort was seen near the village’s pier today (Friday).

Last year a dog died within 20 minutes of eating the plant at Cardross, where it was seen again this week by John Robins of Animal Concern Advice Line (ACAL).

Heavy rain and high tides can erode soil, exposing the poisonous roots of the plant.

If a dog or horse might have eaten the plant the owner is advised to contact a vet immediately.

For more detailed pictures of the plant see the story here.

Picture by Jane Rolling.

2 Comments

1 Trackback / Pingback

  1. News in brief – poison warning, pothole problems, event for Mary’s Meals | The Lochside Press

Comments are closed.